Wednesday 14 September 2016

Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering Programs
Singapore Institute of Technology
10 Dover Drive
Singapore 138683

10 September 2016

Brad Blackstone
Lecturer
Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering Programs
Singapore Institute of Technology
10 Dover Drive
Singapore 138683


Dear Brad,


Simple self introduction

I am Calvin Lim Yong Sheng from Singapore Institute of Technology(SIT) , Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering(land) program. Before I am enrolled into SIT, I had studied Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Singapore Polytechnic. I had taken both my GCE N-Level and O-Level at Gan Eng Seng School which is located at Tiong Baruh Park.


I had learn some basic electronic circuit , soldering and engineering math during my time at Singapore Polytechnic. I also pick up some interest during my time at Singapore Polytechnic, like rollerblading and Futsal. I enjoy doing these activities during my free time even thought I not very good with them. I will continue with these activities in SIT.


My current goal for the first trimester of Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering(Land) is to learn and understand the module. I want to understand the module as I had always just study for the exam while I am in Secondary school and Polytechnic, without really understand the concept of the class. I hope that I can change the way I studied in SIT. I realized that I had forgot most what I had learn in Singapore Polytechnic after I completed my national service.


My short term aim is to pass all the module in the program with good grade. After receiving the degree I hope to work either in the LTA as a Engineer or sign on with the SPF as a senior officer. These currently are the goals that I had set for myself to work on to reach within the next five to eight years.


Thank you.
Your Sincerely
Calvin Lim,


commented on
Jerry
Dannish
Adam

4 comments:

  1. Hey Calvin, didn't know you were interested in having a career with SPF. I served my National service with SPF and I would say it was an indeed an experience, will share with you more in future.

    with regards to your formal letter, I would say you meet the objective. I need to bring to your attention that you would need to be a subject header for your self introduction (e.g Subject: Self-Introduction) so that the reader would know what is he/she expecting as the person continue reading.

    keep up the good effort! cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Calvin,its really nice of you to share with us your past schools and interests you picked up during your poly days.Its okay if you are not good at them as long as you're having fun, it is all that matters.
    On a side note, there are some tenses which needs to be taken note of in your sentences and good luck in your endeavor to achieve your goals in the years to come.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Calvin, your simple self introduction was very informative. I now have a better understanding of you. I also have an interest in futsal and I hope we will be able to play together someday.
    I have something minor to point out though, the word "understand" in the phrase "without really understand the concept" should be changed to "understanding". Keep up the good work and I wish you well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the effort with this letter, Calvin. It is very informative in the key areas.

    There are a few language issues, with verb tense inconsistency being the main one. Look at this paragraph in particular:

    I had learn some basic electronic circuit , soldering and engineering math during my time at Singapore Polytechnic. I also pick up some interest during my time at Singapore Polytechnic, like rollerblading and Futsal. I enjoy doing these activities during my free time even thought I not very good with them. I will continue with these activities in SIT.

    I appreciate your effort.

    ReplyDelete